Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/09 14:19:53 UTC

what to do if jar not available on ibiblio?

Is there a common pattern people follow when a jar you need isn't available
on ibiblio, but also isn't compatible with the ASF license wise? In
particular I'm finding one project that requires the latest version of
javassist (3.1), which for whatever reason hasn't been published on ibiblio.

Can I publish it for them? Heh..Guess not.
http://www.jboss.org/products/list/downloads#javassist

--
Jesse Kuhnert
Tacos/Tapestry, team member/developer

dojo/tapestry/tacos/hivemind.

Re: what to do if jar not available on ibiblio?

Posted by Tomasz Pik <to...@gmail.com>.
On 6/9/06, Jesse Kuhnert <jk...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a common pattern people follow when a jar you need isn't available
> on ibiblio, but also isn't compatible with the ASF license wise? In
> particular I'm finding one project that requires the latest version of
> javassist (3.1), which for whatever reason hasn't been published on ibiblio.
>

> Can I publish it for them? Heh..Guess not.
> http://www.jboss.org/products/list/downloads#javassist

this is LGPL so may be published on iblblio.
you may use this as starting point:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-maven-evangelism.html

Regards,
tomek