Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Marco Springer <ma...@glitchbox.nl> on 2013/03/22 10:23:12 UTC

WiQuery jquery UI version upgrade

Hi,

I'm using the tooltip functionality from jQuery UI that has been introduced
since version 1.9.

To make that work I've done:
addResourceReplacement(CoreUIJavaScriptResourceReference.get(),
PxCoreUIJavaScriptResourceReference.get());

Which just includes the 1.10 version of jQuery and nothing seems to be broken
so-far, with the WiQuery parts that I'm using.

Is there a specific reason why WiQuery is using version 1.8 of the JQuery UI
instead of the latest stable 1.10 series?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Marco

Re: WiQuery jquery UI version upgrade

Posted by Marco Springer <ma...@glitchbox.nl>.
Ah I feared as much.

Thanks for the info (sorry for not looking it up on the issue tracker).

Cheers.

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

On Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Marco Springer <ma...@glitchbox.nl> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using the tooltip functionality from jQuery UI that has been introduced
> since version 1.9.
>
> To make that work I've done:
> addResourceReplacement(CoreUIJavaScriptResourceReference.get(),
> PxCoreUIJavaScriptResourceReference.get());
>
> Which just includes the 1.10 version of jQuery and nothing seems to be
> broken
> so-far, with the WiQuery parts that I'm using.
>
> Is there a specific reason why WiQuery is using version 1.8 of the JQuery
> UI
> instead of the latest stable 1.10 series?

https://github.com/WiQuery/wiquery/issues/15

It seems some of the widgets have changed public API so migrating is not
just a matter of upgrading versions...

> Thanks in advance.
>
> Cheers,
> Marco