Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@apache.org> on 2021/03/21 04:18:12 UTC

Re: [ant] branch master updated: add discardOutput and discardError to redirector, apply, exec, java

On 20/03/21 11:31 pm, bodewig@apache.org wrote:
> + */
> +public class NullOutputStream extends OutputStream {
> +
> +    /**
> +     * Shared instance which is safe to use concurrently as the stream
> +     * doesn't hold any state at all.
> +     */
> +    public static NullOutputStream INSTANCE = new NullOutputStream();
> +
> +

Should we consider adding a private constructor to prevent anyone from
directly instantiating this class? It won't make that major a
difference, but since we already expose this INSTANCE, it probably is a
good idea to prevent direct instantiation?

-Jaikiran

Re: [ant] branch master updated: add discardOutput and discardError to redirector, apply, exec, java

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2021-03-21, Jaikiran Pai wrote:

> On 20/03/21 11:31 pm, bodewig@apache.org wrote:

> + */
> + public class NullOutputStream extends OutputStream {

> +    /**
> +     * Shared instance which is safe to use concurrently as the stream
> +     * doesn't hold any state at all.
> +     */
> +    public static NullOutputStream INSTANCE = new NullOutputStream();

> Should we consider adding a private constructor to prevent anyone from
> directly instantiating this class?

fine with me.

Stefan