Posted to dev@spamassassin.apache.org by Tony Finch <do...@dotat.at> on 2004/12/01 15:06:47 UTC

Re: Restarting MakeMaker development (fwd)

> > 	perl Build.PL install_base=~
> >
> > This is different from PREFIX in that its not going to try and guess how
> > you want things installed based on your system installation.  It's just
> > going to plop things into ~/bin, ~/lib, ~/man, etc...  This is much
> > saner and easier to predict than PREFIX.

I install SpamAssassin in a non-standard location in order to permit
multiple parallel installations. This sounds much closer to what I want -
it's really painful to get MakeMaker to do the right thing.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <do...@dotat.at>  http://dotat.at/
MALIN HEBRIDES: NORTHEAST 4 OR 5 INCREASING 6. RAIN LATER. GOOD BECOMING