Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2014/11/12 11:27:16 UTC

[VF2JS] Need a little help here ...

Hi,

unfortunately I have been unable to contact Eric the last few days. Unfortunately short before being able to finish Flexmojos support for VF2JS. Perhaps some of you guys here could help me out.

I have finished the logic to automatically fetch the closure library, if the closure-lib parameter is missing and the closure jar is somewhere in the classpath. This is now working fine (I bet that FlexJS will profit from this too). Now the compilation seems to be missing some js-files for the normal Flex components. Do I have to make the resources in flex-asjs/vf2js somehow available to the compiler? When looking at the content, all I can find are implementations for Button and Application ... From Erics mails I was in the impression that he has got pretty far with his work, but I couldn't find any branch with the content I was looking for. From looking at the example in flex-asjs/vf2js/examples/vf2js_DatabindingTest/ it looks as if a much larger subset should be working.

Do I have to compile the Flex Framework using VF2JS first in order to get the resources I need and then use that output and compile my flex application with this?

I would really love to have a working example for my talk at the ApacheCon on monday :-(

Chris

AW: [VF2JS] Need a little help here ...

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Oh ... how unfortunate :-(

I was intending on presenting the different options and was going to suggest a process of transitioning from Flex to FlexJS some sort of:
1. Take your flex application
2. Remove the bad stuff not available in VF2JS --> Output to JavaScript
3. Develop new things in FlexJS directly
4. Slowly migrate your stuff built by VF2JS to FlexJS

Seems that I should rework my presentation then ;-)

I mainly focussed on VF2JS cause it was my impression that I could start using this without having to clean up
the ASJS project first. At least the output in the js-debug directory looks really good ... doesn't work, but it looks good :-)

So I'll concentrate on somehow zipping up the js part of FlexJS in one big jar and simply download and unpack that the way I'm doing now with the closure library. Including the stuf in the SWC files seems to be out of the question for the moment as I would have to refactor the project in order to do that. Hopefully this will not become the standard way and I'll definitely not release Flexmojos with a hack like that. It's more or less a POC.

But we definitely need some major cleaning up in the repo ... currently there seem to be loads of loose ends. And I would strongly suggest to separate FalconJX, FlexJS and VF2JS into separate modules (Both on the compiler and the Framework part)

Chris

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Chris,

--