Posted to dev@tamaya.apache.org by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org> on 2019/03/05 21:26:49 UTC

Podling report due today

Hi,

The report which can be filled in here [1] is due today, please don't forget to submit it. Last months your mentors didn't sign off the report, please encourage them to do so this month.

If possible they you may require an extra mentor, if you think that is needed, please ask on the incubator general list.

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/March2019

Re: Podling report due today

Posted by Werner Keil <we...@gmail.com>.
The underlying standardization effort is stalled and so far has not made up
their minds whether to continue the inactive JSR 382 (it is artificially
kept "active", in reality it has not released an EDR since October 2017:
https://jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=382
Tamaya implements both that JSR and the somewhat more active non-standard
MicroProfile Config.

When it comes to that, I'm not sure, if it's still up to date, but as for
the standard, there are other problems these standardization efforts have
to solve before it is safe to implement anything.

Re: Podling report due today

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.

Re: Podling report due today

Posted by Justin Mclean <jm...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Re: Podling report due today

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin,

I just saw that none of our mentors have signed off the report at
https://wiki.apache.org/incubator/March2019

Can we do something about that?!

As the project runs okay at the moment I'd love us to not get trapped
in red tape due to missing mentors ...

Thanks for your help,
Phil

Re: Podling report due today