Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org> on 2005/08/17 12:18:44 UTC

Jetty and endorsed libs

Hi Lenya devs,

I just SVN-updated my Cocoon sandbox which ships now with Xalan 2.7.0
and Xerces 2.7.1. This caused a NoSuchMethodError, presumably because
of an incompatibility with the JDK or Lenya XML libraries.

I checked the java.endorsed.dirs setting for Jetty and noticed that it
points to WEB-INF/lib/endorsed, which doesn't exist. Changing it to
the Cocoon endorsed libs directory fixed the problem.

Is the endorsed libs configuration by purpose, or is it a bug?
How else can the problem be fixed?

-- Andreas