Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/18 00:36:32 UTC

feedback on 7.0.52

Hi

just upgraded tomee on 7.0.52 (still waiting TCKs feedback) but API is
harder and harder to extend. basically we were filtering SCIs (and
everything but here SCIs API changed) and now it is really hard to do
so without some hacky solution. WebAppServiceLoader is not
replacable/filterable (there is only a regex but it doesn't work for
us).

Would be great to keep it open/extensible enough to avoid us to hack
classloader and so one.

Here how we exten ContextConfig:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomee/tomee/trunk/tomee/tomee-catalina/src/main/java/org/apache/tomee/catalina/OpenEJBContextConfig.java

Romain Manni-Bucau
Twitter: @rmannibucau
Blog: http://rmannibucau.wordpress.com/
Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau

feedback on 7.0.52

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Basically filtering scanning (reusing openejb one) and adapting stuff
tomcat doesnt handle (jaxrs) or adapting datasource to openejb one.

We sadly saw this update a little bit late btw

> just upgraded tomee on 7.0.52 (still waiting TCKs feedback) but API is
> harder and harder to extend. basically we were filtering SCIs (and
> everything but here SCIs API changed) and now it is really hard to do
> so without some hacky solution. WebAppServiceLoader is not
> replacable/filterable (there is only a regex but it doesn't work for
> us).
>
> Would be great to keep it open/extensible enough to avoid us to hack
> classloader and so one.
>
> Here how we exten ContextConfig:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tomee/tomee/trunk/tomee/tomee-catalina/src/main/java/org/apache/tomee/catalina/OpenEJBContextConfig.java

1. What are you trying to to with that class?
There are little to no comments. There is no javadoc at all.

2. Have you tried to discuss your problems earlier?

*Romain Manni-Bucau*
*LinkedIn: **http://fr.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau
<http://fr.linkedin.com/in/rmannibucau>*
*Github: https://github.com/rmannibucau <https://github.com/rmannibucau>*