Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Apoorva Gaurav <ap...@myntra.com> on 2014/10/13 13:28:18 UTC

best load balancer for solr cloud

Hello All,

Is it preferable to use CloudSolrServer or using an external load balancer
like haproxy. We're currently channeling all our requests via haproxy but
want to get rid of management hassles as well as additional network call
but saw a significant degradation in latency on switching to
CloudSolrServer. Please suggest.

--
Thanks & Regards,
Apoorva

Re: best load balancer for solr cloud

Posted by Shawn Heisey <ap...@elyograg.org>.
On 10/14/2014 2:45 AM, Apoorva Gaurav wrote:
> Any specific configuration needed for CloudSolrServer as I've seen
> increased latency on using it. Does ConcurrentUpdateSolrServer itself do
> discovery like CloudSolrServer.

ConcurrentUpdateSolrServer is just a wrapper for HttpSolrServer that
does simultaneous background indexing of multiple update requests with
multiple threads.  It has no idea what's happening in the SolrCloud
clusterstate.

CloudSolrServer is the only cloud-aware Solr client that I know about.
I think someone is working on a cloud-aware client for another
programming language besides Java, but I don't remember which language
and I don't know what the status is.

Thanks,
Shawn

Re: best load balancer for solr cloud