Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by edney imme <li...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/12 13:49:30 UTC

JSF - New window to confirm delete

Hallo,

I have a windown, were I need to open another windown, like a popup windown.
And in that windown, I will use to ask to the user if he wants to confirm
delete the item, or cancel this operation.

Detail: I can't use javascript popup window, it must be a new window, with 2
buttons: Ok and Cancel.

Did anibody did something like that before ? Or has any idea of how I can do
it ?

I alredy do some similar using Struts, but never with JSF.

Thanks for atention.

Re: JSF - New window to confirm delete

Posted by edney imme <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,
I need more help...

*My new window is:*
<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"
    pageEncoding="ISO-8859-1" %>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk" prefix="t"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/sandbox" prefix="s"%>

<t:div >
 <t:panelGroup>
  <t:outputText value="Confirm Windown" />
 </t:panelGroup>

 <h:form id="confirm">
  <t:div >
   <h:panelGrid columns="2" >
    <h:panelGrid columns="1" >
     teste da mensagem
    </h:panelGrid>
   </h:panelGrid>
  </t:div>

  <t:div styleClass="actions">
   <h:panelGrid columns="2" >
    <h:commandButton id="ok"     action="#{bean.delete}"  value="ok"
/>
    <h:commandButton id="cancel" action="#{bean.cancel}"  value="cancel"
/>
   </h:panelGrid>
  </t:div>
 </h:form>
</t:div>

*So, I do just that in my Itm.jsf:*
<h:commandButton id="delete" action="#{bean.confirmDelete}" value="Delete"
disabled="#{empty bean.idSelected}"  />
*Into my .xml:*
<navigation-case>
   <from-outcome>confirmDelete</from-outcome>
   <to-view-id>/common/confirm.jsp</to-view-id>
</navigation-case>
<navigation-case>
   <from-outcome>cancel</from-outcome>
   <to-view-id>/item.jsp</to-view-id>
</navigation-case>
<navigation-case>
   <from-outcome>delete</from-outcome>
   <to-view-id>/item.jsp</to-view-id>
</navigation-case>

Into my class, I just made teh test and redirect to the possibilities of
confirm ok or cancel.

But, I'm not sure, wiht what I realy must all do into my item.jsf ?

I nedd to specifie one form, corrext, but were ? How exactly ?

Thanks,
Carla

Re: JSF - New window to confirm delete

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.
En l'instant précis du 12/03/07 13:49, edney imme s'exprimait en ces
termes:
> Hallo,
>
> I have a windown, were I need to open another windown, like a popup
> windown.
> And in that windown, I will use to ask to the user if he wants to confirm
> delete the item, or cancel this operation.
>
> Detail: I can't use javascript popup window, it must be a new window,
> with 2
> buttons: Ok and Cancel.
Then it's simply a new form. Only specific part you have to manually do
is ask browser to show this form in a new window. Use <h:form
target="..." > ... </h:form> for this purpose.

As for 'closing' the popup, it's not that easy without javascript...

Posted by edney imme <li...@gmail.com>.
Hallo David,

thanks !

I'm try to do this just this now then.

And Adrian, yes, it's would be easily, but as I said, I could't use
javascript popup...

Thanks,
Carla

Posted by David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>.

Posted by edney imme <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gerald,

no, I didn't see this component before, but I will try to use it !

Thanks !

Carla

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: JSCookMenu Facelets

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.
Looks ok to me at first glance.
The only thing I see is that you have two functionality-equivalent
entries.  I'd drop the second one.  I can't see why that'd cause the
error, though.

  <filter-mapping>
      <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
  </filter-mapping>

  <filter-mapping>
      <filter-name>MyFacesExtensionsFilter</filter-name>
      <url-pattern>*.htm</url-pattern>
  </filter-mapping>

JSCookMenu Facelets

Posted by "Wong, Emmanuel (Sam)" <Wo...@SEC.GOV>.
<tc:button label="Delete"

                        action="#{yourController.delete}"

                        <f:facet name="confirmation">

                              <tc:out value="Do you want to delete?" />

                        </f:facet>

                  </tc:button>

________________________________

Posted by Adrian Mitev <ad...@googlemail.com>.
try javascript confirm() ?

Posted by Ali Ok <al...@aliok.info>.
I use Richfaces modalPanel for that kinda things.

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
hello,

are you using trinidad?

regards,