Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Paul Cameron <pc...@bigpond.net.au> on 2008/07/07 00:31:40 UTC

Apache2::Request undefined symbol

I installed the library package 'libapreq2' on an Ubuntu 7.10 distro,
and tried dereferencing the 'Apache2::Request' module in a mod_perl
script, but it crashed with '/usr/sbin/apache2: symbol lookup error:

/usr/lib/perl5/auto/APR/Request/Apache2/Apache2.so: undefined symbol:
apreq_handle_apache2'.

I ran 'nm' on libapreq2.so.3 and it returned "nm:
/usr/lib/libapreq2.so.3: no symbols".

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks,

Paul Cameron
Email:	   <ma...@bigpond.net.au> pcn60@bigpond.net.au
Phone:	  (07) 3102 5687
Mobile:	  0410 442 756

RE: Apache2::Request undefined symbol

Posted by Paul Cameron <pc...@bigpond.net.au>.
Yes, it's not obvious that you need to enable the module after
installing it. Why doesn't the installer enable it automatically?

Posted by Colin Wetherbee <cw...@denterprises.org>.

Posted by Mark Hedges <he...@scriptdolphin.org>.
That's a normal thing.  All installed modules put their
config into mods-available.  Then you use `a2enmod` to
manage those symlinks and turn them on or off in
mods-enabled.

Mark

Posted by Heiko Jansen <ja...@hbz-nrw.de>.