Posted to p-dev@xerces.apache.org by "Jason E. Stewart" <je...@ncgr.org> on 2000/04/17 21:15:50 UTC

Anyone succeeded building Xerces-0.2?

Hey all,

The noise on the list has been deafening lately...

Has anyone tested the distribution I made the other week? It would be
nice to get some feedback and testing on different architectures.

Wasn't there someone who had worked on getting xerces-p running on
Solaris? I thought I remembered someone writing in at one point, but I
couldn't find the email in the archives. I have tried unsucessfully
with three compilers:

g++: 2.8.1 => internal compiler errors in 3 classes of xerces-c
CC: vws5 => fatal symbol error:
 `RefHashTableOfEnumerator<DTDAttDef>::~RefHashTableOfEnumerator
  #Nvariant 1()' is multiply defined
CC: vws3: everything builds for xerces-c and xerces-p, but I get an
  undefined operation and core dump when I run 'make test'

jas.

Re: Anyone succeeded building Xerces-0.2?

Posted by "Parand T. Darugar" <td...@velocigen.com>.
Dear Jason,

> Has anyone tested the distribution I made the other week? It would be
> nice to get some feedback and testing on different architectures.

  I tried compiling on Linux i686 Redhat6.1, kernel 2.2.12-20,
with Perl 5.005_03, swig swig-1.1p5-2, xerces-c_1_1_0-linux/

  When I try
perl Makefile.PL

 I get:
Running SWIG
Generating wrappers for Perl 5
patching file `Xerces_wrap.cpp'
Hunk #1 FAILED at 4954.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 5610.
2 out of 2 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to Xerces_wrap.cpp.rej
Configuring for Linux
Writing Makefile for Xerces

  I know I'm using an old version of swig, but I can't download
a newer version since swig.org doesn't want to resolve for me.

Best,

Parand Tony Darugar			tdarugar@velocigen.com
858-622-1164				High Performance Perl Server Pages
858-622-0303 fax			VelociGen XML Server
http://www.velocigen.com/		Confidential