Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com> on 2009/03/14 22:58:48 UTC

Re: [slightly OT] Tomcat for Dummies

To the people who have indicated their appreciation for the thread so
far : I may have provided the pretext and the questions, but the answers
were not mine.  So don't forget Mark and Chuck and Chris and Peter and
Ken and others.  They are the non-dummies who wrote the intelligent stuff.

Since then, I have gone back to read parts 2 and 10 of the Servlet Spec,
and it's rather amazing how that document becomes suddenly that much
easier to read and understand, when one has benefited from enlightened
help on this forum. I may even start reading it from the beginning now.

I also understand better why Chuck sometimes pushes a poster's nose into
the Servlet Spec, part x.y : when one already has a clue, it's true that
that document is good for reference and confirmation, and even
information.  But recalling my hapless perusals of just a week ago, it
is probably also true that a Java Servlet Specs for Dummies (aka
Beginner's WiKi) may be a good idea.