Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Edoardo Comar <EC...@uk.ibm.com> on 2018/10/11 14:24:35 UTC

Re: [VOTE] KIP-302 - Enable Kafka clients to use all DNS resolved IP addresses

Thanks Rajini for the PR review,

as agreed we have updated KIP-302 to match the code
so the new config value for the entry client.dns.lookup is
"use_all_dns_ips"

(underscores instead of dot separators)
cheers
Edo

Edoardo Comar

IBM Event Streams
IBM UK Ltd, Hursley Park, SO21 2JN

From:   Edoardo Comar <EC...@uk.ibm.com>
To:     dev@kafka.apache.org
Date:   25/09/2018 09:41
Subject:        Re: [VOTE] KIP-302 - Enable Kafka clients to use all DNS
resolved IP addresses

Many thanks to all that voted,

This KIP has passed the vote - within the COB of 24/09/2018 - with 3
binding votes (Rajini, Damian, Gwen) and 4 non-binding votes (Eno,
Jonathan and implicitly :-) Mickael and me)

From:   Gwen Shapira <gw...@confluent.io>
To:     dev <de...@kafka.apache.org>
Date:   24/09/2018 19:13
resolved IP addresses