Posted to user@struts.apache.org by mh...@lwplus.de on 2002/06/17 16:24:14 UTC

capitalized property name

I had problems when the second character of the property name was
capitalized
then I got an

 javax.servlet.ServletException: No getter method for property iOu_id of
 bean orgUnitForm

I postet my problem into the newsgroup and recieved this.

> Java Beans have problems when the second character of the property name is

> capitalized. Reaed section "8.8" on the Java Beans specification about
> "Capitalization of inferred names".

> Try to name your propertu iou_id, it should work. It has nothing to do
with
> the Strings.

But now I have problems with this solution.
My colleagues dont't want to change their propertynames to
the solution above.

iou_id

or

miOu_id

But how else to fix this problem (newer Version?)?

----------------
Hanel Matthias
Fachinformatiker (Anwendungsentwicklung) in Ausbildung
Logistik World GmbH	Fon:	+49-841-9014-300
Marie-Curie-Strasse 6	Fax:	+49-841-9014-302
D- 85055 Ingolstadt    	mailto:mhanel@lwplus.de

Re: capitalized property name

Posted by Eddie Bush <ek...@swbell.net>.
It would be kind of a kludge, but could you maybe talk them into building
wrappers around that property with the new naming scheme?  I'm guessing they
don't want to break other things by renaming the property.  However, as much
as I dislike the thought of building a wrapper around the setter/getter, it
could be done - and it would maintain the current properties in tact.  The
wrappers would (of course) just deletegate the calls to the appropriate
method (the one you can't seem to call).

Example:

public void setiou_id(String value)
{
  setIOu_id(value);
}

That should do the trick - you could do the same for the getter.  I can't
think of any objection they'd have to that ...

Maybe someone else will have a better solution.

HTH,

Eddie

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>

Re: Jdk14Logger on Struts 1.1b1 + tomcat 4

Posted by Barbara Post <ba...@ifrance.com>.
Hi Emmanuel, got the same... same config.

This means that your ActionForm does something and you get a Null Pointer
that the logger wants to log... so change your code...
Or maybe deactivate logging , at least at this level ? ("warn").

Don't really have an explaination but got rid of it. try to see which line
causes this...

Barbara
Posted by "emmanuel.boudrant" <b7...@yahoo.fr>.
 Hi,
I've got a struts 1.1b1 application, when I run it on Tomcat 4, I've got this exception :
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Jdk14Logger.warn(Jdk14Logger.java:290)
	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processException(RequestProcessor.java:491)
	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.processActionPerform(RequestProcessor.java:439)
	at org.apache.struts.action.RequestProcessor.process(RequestProcessor.java:264)
	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1109)
	at org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:470)

What is the problem ?

Yahoo! Mail -- Une adresse @yahoo.fr gratuite et en français !