Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Trevor Grant <tr...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/30 21:29:22 UTC

Mahout Con (An ApacheCon@Home Track)

Hey Mahout users and devs!

This year at ApacheCon(@Home), we're doing a Mahout track!

We want to see lots of things about Mahout, and we'll (hopefully get
recordings and put them on the website).

Haven't you always wanted to give a talk on Mahout ? well here's your
chance.

We're taking anything Mahout related, but in case you need some ideas to
get you started:

* Getting Started with Mahout: From Installing to Basic Samsera Shell (to
Apache Zeppelin integration?!)

* Deep Dive on Specific Features of Mahout : (e.g. Pat may do a CCO)

* How our company used Apache Mahout to implement features (I'm looking at
you Cars.com :P )

* Mahout on Kubeflow (I'm going to do this one, but don't let that stop you
from doing one yourself!)

* Mahout + Docker/K8s (A bit of overlap, with prior, but no shame there).

* And much much more.

The CFP is available here https://www.apachecon.com/cfp.html please fill it
out,
https://www.apachecon.com/acna2020/cfp.html

And thanks all!

tg

Re: Mahout Con (An ApacheCon@Home Track)

Posted by Trevor Grant <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hey all,

I've been out of pocket for the last week- but I saw today the CFP ends
Monday.  If anyone who is interested could submit a talk with their name /
title.

There's no limit on space, so we're keen to accept all talks of value, but
having your name and a rough abstract in the system is the important thing.

I'm pretty sure we can edit the abstracts talks later, but jic check
spelling :)

tg

Posted by Trevor Grant <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hey all,