Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Ti...@westfieldgrp.com on 2001/12/18 19:46:45 UTC

Bug in proxy module

Hello all.

     First of all, I'm new to JMeter, and the JSP's.  I was put into the
middle of an existing project.  We use Load Runner, but I'd like to see
what JMeter can do.

     So what I'm trying to do to learn JMeter is to start with a proxy
testing script.  But there is a bug there.  When I start the proxy server,
I go to my web broser (doens't matter which one), load the login page, fill
in a username & password, click login, and it hangs.  The console shows the
first (load of login), but doesn't show the post.  Until I hit the stop
button in the browser, at which point an array index exception is thrown.

     I've tracked down the issue to
org.apache.jmeter.protocol.http.proxy.HttpRequestHdr, line 147 (this is the
dec 17th nightly release).  At this point JMeter knows a POST is in
progress, and is trying to read the input from the client connection.  A
readln() is used, and it is blocking.  This is a bug.  Even though the
stream is ready to read at that point ( I checked this with lines.ready()
which returns true), I'm not sure why a readln is being used.  Is there a
garentee that a line end character will be present?

     Anyway, the app works fine direct (no JMeter proxy), and the proxy of
LoadRunner doesn't have an issue.  Unfortunatly, I'm a bit out of my area
of expertise here.  What I could see in the archives sugests that this
class, this method, is a bit of a problem anyway.

     Any ideas?