Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Jason Wee <pe...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/01 02:39:13 UTC

Re: sstables remain after compaction

Hi Rob, sorry for the late response, festive season here. cassandra version
is 1.0.8 and thank you, I will read on the READ_STAGE threads.

Jason

Posted by Jason Wee <pe...@gmail.com>.
noted Tyler...and many thanks.. well, I read cassandra jira issues and just
followed one of the comment

In general, I thought we always advised to upgrade through the 'major'
revs, 1.0 -> 1.1 -> 1.2. Or, at least, I think that's the advice now

but I will read carefully for the diff between 1.0.12 to latest of 1.1.x...
i think there should be many changes.

jason

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.

Posted by Tyler Hobbs <ty...@datastax.com>.

--
Tyler Hobbs
DataStax <http://datastax.com/>

Re: sstables remain after compaction

Posted by Jason Wee <pe...@gmail.com>.
off topic for this discussion, and yea, we are in the midst of upgrading...
1.0.8 -> 1.0.12 then to 1.1.0.. then to the latest of 1.1.. then to 1.2.
keep my finger cross for safe upgrading for such a big cluster... we hope
that with cassandra moving some components off heap in 1.1 and 1.2, the
cluster would perform better, at least i do not need to do the user defined
compaction regulary.

thanks guys, jason

Posted by SE...@homedepot.com.

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.