Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Michael Laccetti <mi...@s2g-limited.com> on 2006/02/10 05:00:39 UTC

[Axis2] JMS tutorial?

I've been doing some research into the best WS framework/implementation, and
Axis2 comes up as a winner.  Originally I chose Axis, but it didn't play too
nicely with Geronimo.  Now, the real question:  is there any documentation
on using the JMS transport?  I've seen the SMTP one, which is well done, but
doesn't quite work for me.  I know that there is a global configuration for
the transport in the axis2.xml file; can it be configured elsewhere?  Or can
the configuration be done programmatically as well?

Thanks,

Michael

Re: [Axis2] JMS tutorial? [signed]

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.
Michael, could you post your stackTrace when calling the axisServlet? I
don't often work directly with the servlet. If its not obvious from the
stackTrace, it may help explaining when and why your calling it.

BTW, you have looked at the user guide doing async operations via
CallbackHandler, right? That may just be 'good enough' , depending on what
you need.

Robert
http://www.braziloutsource.com/

Posted by "Michael Laccetti [c]" <mi...@s2g-limited.com>.

To: axis-user@ws.apache.org.

Re: [Axis2] JMS tutorial?

Posted by robert <ro...@gmail.com>.
> I do accept that we lag in documentations, coz we are concentrating more
> and more on improving Axis2. Iksrazal (ohh, sorry Lazarski ;-) ) and
> Chatra and helping with us to improve our documentations these days.

I run axis2 in a few web applications - hibernate, struts, spring etc. Its
just a matter of having the modules and services directory, along with
axis2.xml, under your apps WEB-INF. You'll also need to add the relevant
parts from the axis2.war web.xml into your apps web.xml .  If you want to use
the axis2 jsp's - like listServices - you need those jsp's at the root of
your apps war.

This is something that could be documented - lets see what we can come up
with. In the mean time, feel free to ask.

The JMS transport is something I haven't tried yet - but would like to. I
mostly use JMS as OpenJMS in tomcat, or with JBoss. In the meantime, if
someone has the JMS transport working in a app and would like to document it
- file a jira and if its good it will probably be accepted.

HTH,

Re: [Axis2] JMS tutorial?

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Michael,

RE: [Axis2] JMS tutorial?

Posted by Michael Laccetti <mi...@s2g-limited.com>.
Is top-posting a no-no on this list?

So there is no way (yet?) to configure the transport outside of the
axis2.xml file?  The ActiveMQ stuff is not a problem, since I've already got
it configured in Geronimo.  I've looked at the test, I'll see about
integrating the code into a sample.

Re: [Axis2] JMS tutorial?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Michael Laccetti [c]" <mi...@s2g-limited.com>.
> Hi Michael,
>
> Nice to hear that. But we have lot more to come and
> stabilize, so I don't think this is the perfect time for
> someone to come in to conclusion abt Axis2. We are getting
> more and more better, with the valuable comments and
> feedbacks from the users here.
>
> -- Chinthaka

Well, I would have used Axis, given its more mature nature, but I have had
some serious difficulties in deploying it/using it with Geronimo.  Besides,
I'm up for getting a jump on technology.  :)

Mike

--
--------------------- [ SECURITY NOTICE ] ---------------------
To: axis-user@ws.apache.org.
Verify this digital signature at http://www.ciphire.com/verify.
---------------- [ CIPHIRE DIGITAL SIGNATURE ] ----------------
Q2lwaGlyZSBTaWcuAjhheGlzLXVzZXJAd3MuYXBhY2hlLm9yZwBtaWNoYWVsQHMy
Zy1saW1pdGVkLmNvbQBlbWFpbCBib2R5AI4BAAB8AHwAAAABAAAA+jvtQ44BAABx
AwACAAIAAgAghdiaB1RL1GJ5P/MlSIrm9xUfngywhKly/Ob9WJCPAegBAJNtVYWa
ZKKcHYtuC7hZmjSFW3h/Fm4Z8P/F+IkY81kzVrLoLJhTGgdm+pMoGIDIBWaL+/lf
ow8o2ZumCceaiSvzU2lnRW5k

Re: [Axis2] JMS tutorial?

Posted by Eran Chinthaka <ch...@opensource.lk>.
Hi Michael,