Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Reynardine <re...@loveable.com> on 2002/11/06 23:37:19 UTC

How to pass a structure or class to a web service and get the modified class back?

To call a web service from a servlet passing a string parameter I can do..

    call.addParameter( "symbol", XMLType.XSD_STRING, ParameterMode.IN );

But how do I pass a structure or a class to a web service and receive the same (modified) class back?  Is this right or nearly right ?

   Cain able = new Cain('a','b','c');
   call.addParameter( "able", Cain.class, ParameterMode.INOUT );

I have searched the web for examples but have found none.. Any code fragments appreciated :)

Thank you,

-Rey

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

Single & ready to mingle? lavalife.com:  Where singles click. Free to Search!
http://www.lavalife.com/mailcom.epl?a=2116