Posted to dev@chemistry.apache.org by Florent Guillaume <fg...@nuxeo.com> on 2009/10/27 15:57:40 UTC

Re: CMISServlet or cxfjaxrs for AtomPub Server and multiple repositories

2009/10/27 Florian Roth <Fl...@in-gmbh.de>
> What's the difference between CMISServlet and cxfjaxrs as Servlet? Whats better to use?

CMISServlet is a direct servlet implementation subclassing the Abdera
servlet. No other framework needed.
cxfjaxrs is useful is you want to bind things through a JAX-RS
framework, and use JAX-RS Application notions.
It depends on what you're more familiar with really.

> And is it possible to serve multiple repositories under one atompub server.

Not at the moment, we only generate one AtomPub workspace per service
document. This could be extended of course.

> Is it right that the standard CMIS allows it? Because I saw getRepositories(...). Im very new to CMIS and Chemistry. May  I use the chemistry-atompub-server and chemistry-jcr to build my CMIS on Jackrabbit?

The standard allows it. It's just not implemented yet.

> For me some more project describing txt files in the Chemistry source folders would be very helpful.

Knowing the standard is very important first, especially as this is
still an unfinished project.

> When time comes and I figgured it out i will puplish some.

Thanks, it will be very helpful to have an outside perspective.

Florent

--
Florent Guillaume, Head of R&D, Nuxeo
http://www.nuxeo.com   http://www.nuxeo.org   +33 1 40 33 79 87