Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/04/28 20:05:07 UTC

When will SVN conversion happen?

When are we thinking about the SVN conversion?  It might be nice to do
this some weekend soon.  The sooner we get that done the sooner we can
discuss sandbox and some other ideas.

sean

Re: When will SVN conversion happen?

Posted by Grant Smith <gr...@marathon-man.com>.
Grant Smith wrote:

> I second the motion to get this done as soon as possible.
> I guess we'll need a code freeze while the conversion takes place ?
>
> For those of you using Intellij IDEA, the latest EAP build (3311)
> handles Subversion perfectly and also runs under JDK 1.5.0_02.

Make that build 3316. Also, if you are running under Linux, DEFINITELY
upgrade to JDK 1.5.0.03 (Update 3). It resolves two serious bugs in the
editor.

Re: When will SVN conversion happen?

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Great idea.  Maybe we should also update the JIRA issue with a comment
to get it back on the @infra radar screen.  Perhaps we can ask them
for a timetable so we can prepare.

sean

Posted by Grant Smith <gr...@marathon-man.com>.
OK Folks,

I'm working with them on #asfinfra. They are starting the test
migration. I'll keep you posted.

One question came up though.. was 'rel_0_4_4' a branch or a tag ? we
took the branch option because it had been changed, and tags should not
be changed. Semantics - it shouldnt make too much of a difference to us
at this point.

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Husted <te...@gmail.com>.

--
HTH, Ted.

Re: When will SVN conversion happen?

Posted by Grant Smith <gr...@marathon-man.com>.

Posted by Grant Smith <gr...@marathon-man.com>.
Manfred Geiler wrote:

>http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-311
>All we can do is sit and wait...
>-M

I commented on the JIRA, asking how long it would take, and if there was
anything we could do to help. I also voted for the issue. I would
recommend that as many of us vote for it as possible on
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-311.

I'm also sitting in the #asfinfra IRC channel...

Re: When will SVN conversion happen?

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Grant Smith <gr...@marathon-man.com>.