Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org> on 2013/02/13 18:51:08 UTC

How to tell if cloudstack-management is 'really' up?

I know the service cloudstack-management status shows running but
while the server is coming up for the first time (eg: ephemeral test
environment) how does one detect that the service is actually
ready for requests on 8080?

I could use the auth mechanism that the UI uses by forming a
listcapabilities call after login. But is there any other  way?

The problem I'm facing is that I alter the configuration table to suit
my test but the ConfigurationServer class later populates the default
values overwriting my settings.

--
Prasanna.,

Re: How to tell if cloudstack-management is 'really' up?

Posted by Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org>.
Just do any list api calls on port 8080, if you get 401 auth error, it's
up. In the XML response you can see for sure the cloudstack version, this
way you can know it's cloudstack and not any other service running on 8080.

Regards.

On Thu, Feb 14, 2013 at 12:30 AM, Shanker Balan <shanker.balan@shapeblue.com

Posted by Shanker Balan <sh...@shapeblue.com>.
[...]

[cid:E7CE8425-E245-4C99-B967-713DF2967392@local]

M: +91 98860 60539
shanker.balan@shapeblue.com<ma...@shapeblue.com> | www.shapeblue.com<http://www.shapeblue.com> | Twitter:@shapeblue
ShapeBlue India, 22nd floor, Unit No. N 2201, WTC Bangalore Brigade Gateway, Bangalore - 560 055

ShapeBlue provides a range of strategic and technical consulting and implementation services to help IT Service Providers and Enterprises to build a true IaaS compute cloud. ShapeBlue's expertise, combined with CloudStack technology, allows IT Service Providers and Enterprises to deliver true, utility based, IaaS to the customer or end-user.

This email and any attachments to it may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Shape Blue Ltd. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, you must neither take any action based upon its contents, nor copy or show it to anyone. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email in error. Shape Blue Ltd is a company incorporated in England & Wales.

Re: How to tell if cloudstack-management is 'really' up?

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.