Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Grant Edwards <gr...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/10 16:05:20 UTC

OFBiz evaluation : Inventory and Pricing

Hi,

We are running a web portal which in reality is a distribution channel for
our suppliers product and associated inventory.

While products destined for the portal can be easily accommodated in OFBiz,
we have no control over inventory and pricing. Inventory and pricing details
are dynamically retrieved from a 3rd party system based on customers search
criteria.

>From a catalogue browsing point of view we would like to ensure a dummy
inventory level and a 'From' price based on some formula.

What I am unsure about is how OFBiz would handle the injection of the
correct price, from a 3rd party system,  into the order processing pipe
line. This price would naturally only be applicable to the current order
been processed and should in no way be available to other customers.

Your thoughts and comments would be appreciated.

Regards

Grant Edwards

Re: OFBiz evaluation : Inventory and Pricing

Posted by Grant Edwards <gr...@gmail.com>.
Hi

One further question on pricing.

The price that is displayed to the customer could or would include a 10%
markup which is ultimately our commission. The markup percentage could
differ based on the product and or product type. Are their pricing rules
that could take care of this and can the price break down be accurately
reflected in the OFBiz accouting module ?

What is the best doc out there that explains accounting as contained in out
of the box OFBiz ?

Cheers

Grant Edwards

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.