Posted to dev@calcite.apache.org by Kenneth Knowles <kl...@google.com.INVALID> on 2018/06/28 03:57:19 UTC

Avatica struct support

Hi all,

I'm new to the project(s) so I wanted to share something I want to
contribute to: maturing the ability to use sqlline + Avatica to process
complex types (rows, arrays, maps - I don't care about more esoteric stuff
just yet).

It seems like the functionality is mostly there but maybe not actually used
end-to-end much? So I just did some tiny plumbing, and here it is:
https://github.com/apache/calcite-avatica/pull/62

Let me know what I should do going forward. There's a JIRA but I need
someone to give me an appropriate role that I can self-assign.

Kenn

Re: Avatica struct support

Posted by Francis Chuang <fr...@apache.org>.
I am not too familiar with Avatica internals, but I'd suggest pinging
Josh Elser in your PR.

Re: Avatica struct support

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <kl...@google.com.INVALID>.
Yes, thanks! I've got it.