Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Chris Hane <ch...@itsolut.com> on 2005/04/15 20:49:20 UTC

Email Messages Combined

I have had a weird thing happening lately.  Separate emails are being
combined.  Here is an example of one.  I sent an email (happens it was
to the james user list) that starts after the first HELO below.

A bit later (minutes) I received an email from a friend which I have
attached below.

The incoming email was 2 lines long, the rest of the message was the
outgoing email.

Anyone else seen something like this?  I ca not reproduce it; however,
it happens about once in every couple of hundred messages.

Server: Linux, Sun 1.5, James 2.2.0
Client: Win XP, Thunderbird

Just shooting in the dark about causes:
  - james?
  - spamassassin (which james uses via a mailet)
  - thunderbird
  - avg on my client (I original suspected this until this email
                      which occurred over seperate connect sessions
                      to the email server)

Any thoughts?

Chris....

Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 13:24:09 -0500
From: Chris Hane <ch...@itsolut.com>
To: James Users List <se...@james.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Spamassassin

Try the first link on this wiki page...

http://wiki.apache.org/james/SpamBlocking

I believe that is what we are using without issue.

Chris....

Daniel Perry wrote:

>Anyone have any idea how to run james emails through spamassassin?  I'm sure
>someone mentioned it, but i cant find a mailet.
>
>Daniel.

Re: Email Messages Combined

Posted by ap...@bago.org.
> The incoming email was 2 lines long, the rest of the message
> was the outgoing email.
>
> Anyone else seen something like this?  I ca not reproduce it;
> however, it happens about once in every couple of hundred messages.
>
> Server: Linux, Sun 1.5, James 2.2.0
> Client: Win XP, Thunderbird
>
> Just shooting in the dark about causes:
>   - james?
>   - spamassassin (which james uses via a mailet)
>   - thunderbird
>   - avg on my client (I original suspected this until this email
>                       which occurred over seperate connect sessions
>                       to the email server)

I would exclude james in a first search.
I would start looking in the thunderbird bug database.
AVG in second place..

Stefano