Posted to announce@apache.org by Vadim Gritsenko <vg...@apache.org> on 2004/04/12 13:04:11 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Xindice 1.1b4 released

The Apache Xindice team is pleased to announce the release of the
next version of the Xindice native XML database:

                 Apache Xindice 1.1b4

This is the fourth release in the series of 1.1 beta releases.
Xindice 1.1b4 offers numerous bug fixes and improvements over
the last beta release. Some new features and enhancements were
introduced as well. You can find a list of changes here:

  http://xml.apache.org/xindice/changes.html

Source and binary distributions compiled with JDK 1.3.1 are
available from the download page:

  http://xml.apache.org/xindice/download.cgi

Please send your comments and suggestions to the Xindice mailing
lists. Bug reports and patches are accepted via Bugzilla:

  http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/

Regards,
Vadim

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Apache Xindice 1.1b4 released

Posted by Murray Altheim <m....@open.ac.uk>.
My apologies to anyone who tried to download and open that
zip file. I tried uploading and downloading it a few times
and same thing: corruption. So I've gone back to my trusty
old tar.gz format, which works fine:

    http://purl.org/ceryle/misc/xindice-img.tar.gz

What the heck actually happened I dunno. It worked fine with
ftp directly, but not with a browser...

Murray Altheim wrote:
> Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
>
>>The Apache Xindice team is pleased to announce the release of the
>>next version of the Xindice native XML database:
>>
>>                 Apache Xindice 1.1b4
>>
>>This is the fourth release in the series of 1.1 beta releases.
>>Xindice 1.1b4 offers numerous bug fixes and improvements over
>>the last beta release. Some new features and enhancements were
>>introduced as well.
>
> [...]
>
> Vadim,
>
> I'd just like to say thanks and congratulations to you and all who
> put in so much effort to get this latest release together. The
> Xindice project is definitely on its feet again, and seems to be
> once again an improvement over the previous release.
>
> I couldn't find a little Xindice badge icon, so I've created a
> few (including one animated one) and posted a zipfile at

[...]

Posted by Murray Altheim <m....@open.ac.uk>.

Posted by Murray Altheim <m....@open.ac.uk>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> The Apache Xindice team is pleased to announce the release of the
> next version of the Xindice native XML database:
>
>                  Apache Xindice 1.1b4
>
> This is the fourth release in the series of 1.1 beta releases.
> Xindice 1.1b4 offers numerous bug fixes and improvements over
> the last beta release. Some new features and enhancements were
> introduced as well.
[...]

    http://purl.org/ceryle/misc/xindice-img.zip

Posted by Murray Altheim <m....@open.ac.uk>.
Vadim Gritsenko wrote:
> The Apache Xindice team is pleased to announce the release of the
> next version of the Xindice native XML database:
>
>                  Apache Xindice 1.1b4
>
> This is the fourth release in the series of 1.1 beta releases.
> Xindice 1.1b4 offers numerous bug fixes and improvements over
> the last beta release. Some new features and enhancements were
> introduced as well.
[...]