Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Lava Saleem <ln...@ualr.edu> on 2011/02/03 06:29:08 UTC

[users@httpd] basic question

Hi,
I'm a new user for apache and I have simple questions first one is : I have
already downloaded apache tomcat and now I need to set apache httpd as a
proxy I have a httpd in my /etc linux box ( centos 2.6.18 and the apache
tomcat is 7.0.4 ) but I don't see apache directory beside the apache tomcat
in the /opt directory, does that mean I have to download apache and mod_jk
?if it is not there how come I have httpd in /etc ? My second question is
about uploading a website ( html embadded with java script ) into the apache
how to do that ?
ps I have looked into the documentary but didn't find the answers

Thank you
LS

Re: [users@httpd] basic question

Posted by Igor Galić <i....@brainsware.org>.
----- "Lava Saleem" <ln...@ualr.edu> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm a new user for apache and I have simple questions first one is : I
> have already downloaded apache tomcat and now I need to set apache
> httpd as a proxy I have a httpd in my /etc linux box ( centos 2.6.18

That's interesting, because we haven't yet released 2.6.18

> and the apache tomcat is 7.0.4 ) but I don't see apache directory

You might want to consider to use 7.0.6, as http://tomcat.apache.org/
says: "This is the first stable release of the Tomcat 7 branch."

> beside the apache tomcat in the /opt directory, does that mean I have
> to download apache and mod_jk ?if it is not there how come I have

On this list we recommend mod_proxy_http or mod_proxy_ajp, see:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/mod_proxy.html
and http://www.apachetutor.org/admin/reverseproxies for a good
example on how to configure it.

(On users@tomcat.apache.org we recommend mod_jk ;)

> httpd in /etc ? My second question is about uploading a website ( html
> embadded with java script ) into the apache how to do that ?

http://wiki.apache.org/httpd/DistrosDefaultLayout

You put it in the DocumentRoot:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/mod/core.html#documentroot

--