Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com> on 2016/12/22 20:19:57 UTC

ZOOKEEPER-1416 and ZOOKEEPER-153

A “firehose” watcher would be really useful. There have been several proposals over the years including ZOOKEEPER-1416 and ZOOKEEPER-153. I also heard that Facebook has something in their internal fork. Here at Elasticsearch Cloud we’re starting to deal with millions of watchers and a firehose would be better for us. Is there any interest in finally adding this to ZooKeeper? If so, I’d be happy to do it. If so, is there any preference for ZOOKEEPER-1416, ZOOKEEPER-153, both, a mixture?

-Jordan