Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by al...@orange-ftgroup.com on 2008/05/30 12:31:07 UTC

NPE while running 'ws_addressing' sample with Servlet Transport

Hello,

We're trying tu run the ws_addressing sample ("hello_world_addr.wsdl")
provided in cxf-2.0.6 in J2EE WAS. A NullPointerException is raised
server-side when the service is deployed in a servlet container :

java.lang.NullPointerException

at
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.MessageSenderInterceptor.handleMessage(Messag
eSenderInterceptor.java:46)

at
org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorC
hain.java:221)

at
org.apache.cxf.interceptor.OutgoingChainInterceptor.handleMessage(Outgoi
ngChainInterceptor.java:74)

at
org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorC
hain.java:221)

at
org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.resume(PhaseInterceptorChain.
java:198)

at
org.apache.cxf.ws.addressing.ContextUtils$1.run(ContextUtils.java:417)

at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecuto
r.java:650)

at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.ja
va:675)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

We have the same issue in both tomcat, and jonas (haven't test in other
WAS). we suspect a problem in servlet transport (the 'standalone' jetty
transport works fine).
here is the services.xml extract :
<!-- WS-A Hello world -->

<jaxws:endpoint id="hello_world_addr"

implementor="demo.ws_addressing.server.GreeterImpl"

address="/hello_world_addr">

<jaxws:features>

<wsa:addressing allowDuplicates="false" />

</jaxws:features>

</jaxws:endpoint>

client-side configuration is almost the same as when invoking the
standalone GreetingImpl service.

Did I miss something in the server-side configuration ?

Thanks

Alexis Chemin

*********************************
This message and any attachments (the "message") are confidential and intended solely for the addressees.
Messages are susceptible to alteration.
If you are not the intended addressee of this message, please cancel it immediately and inform the sender.
********************************

Re: NPE while running 'ws_addressing' sample with Servlet Transport

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Yep.  I'm able to reproduce this and it's a very simple fix.   This
will get into 2.0.7/2.1.1.

Thanks!
Dan

On May 30, 2008, at 6:31 AM, <al...@orange-ftgroup.com> <alexis.chemin@orange-ftgroup.com