Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Struts Newsgroup (@Basebeans.com)" <st...@basebeans.com> on 2002/07/24 18:10:02 UTC

ForwardAction and tiles

Subject: ForwardAction and tiles
From: "Eric" <er...@enhansiv.com>
 ===
Does anyone know how ForwardAction works with tiles?

I have a jsp page that define a link to call a forward action, the forward
suppose to direct to another jsp page define in tiles. But I got the
following error.

javax.servlet.ServletException: Path site.login.page does not start with a
"/" character

Anyone has a clue?

Eric

--struts-config.xml
<action   path="/gologin"
              name="loginForm"
              input="/index.jsp"
              parameter="site.login.page" <!-- here is the page I want to
go -->
              type="org.apache.struts.actions.ForwardAction"
              scope="request"
              validate="false">
</action>

--tiles-defs.xml
<definition name="site.mainLayout" path="/layouts/classicLayout.jsp">
   <put name="title"  value="My Project" />
   <put name="header" value="/components/header.jsp" />
   <put name="menu"   value="site.menu.bar" />
   <put name="footer" value="/components/footer.jsp" />
   <put name="body"   value="CHANGE ME" />
</definition>
<!-- the page defines here -->
<definition name="site.login.page" extends="site.mainLayout" >
   <put name="title"  value="Login" />
   <put name="body"   value="/security/loginBody.jsp" />
</definition>

--one of jsp page, I define a link to call the forward action
<bean:message key="index.link.login"/>

Re: ForwardAction and tiles

Posted by Eddie Bush <ed...@vestus.adabbs.com>.
Yes!  I cracked this nut just tonight.  You don't want ForwardAction,
you want <digs-through-config/>
org.apache.struts.tiles.actions.NoOpAction.  You've got to use the
_tiles_ actions if you want to forward to definitions.  The standard
Struts ones don't seem to work.  If someone knows another way, please
let us know!  I have a bad feeling about how this is going to work with
the Validator framework ... or NOT work rather.  I say that because you
have to extend Validator forms in order for that stuff to "work" - at
least, the way I understand it you do.

Regards,

Eddie