Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Brian Young <Br...@sas.com> on 2000/08/31 21:51:47 UTC

How to make " resolve as "?

Hello,

I have the following in my XML:

<string><![CDATA[Text containing special chars like &, <, >,  ", etc.]]></string>

I also have the following XSL to read in this string and (hopefully) fully output escape it and embed it within some java code I'm creating:

<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">object.setText("</xsl:text><xsl:value-of select="string" /><xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">");</xsl:text>

This results in:

object.setText("Text containing special chars like &amp;, &lt;, &gt;,  ", etc.");

Which is not cool, as the " did not get escaped as a &quot; and prematurely terminates my string.  I'd like:

object.setText("Text containing special chars like &amp;, &lt;, &gt;,  &quot;, etc.");

I figured since &quot; was considered one of the standard entities (with &amp; &lt; &gt; and &apos;) that it would be escaped along with the others.  Is there something I am doing wrong?  If not, is there something I can do to force escaping of "?

Thanks,
   Brian Young