Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by brijesh <br...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/30 12:41:39 UTC

XML transformation jdbc

Hello there ,

One of my integration scanario, i have following requirment

I have xml file getting from external application, which i need to convert
into different format , but some of the element i need to pick from database
.  eg, i would be getting an id ,for which i need to get mapping id from
staging database table. my requirment is conversion of xml structure along
with few  of the data from database.

I do understand , i can use xslt component for xml transformation, but I
also need to interact with database to get the mapping field values, which
component will i use for this?, is it possible to use xsql from oracle for
this scenario?. I  searched in the website i couldn't see much documentation
on this,

any thoughts on this?

thanks

brijesh

Re: XML transformation jdbc

Posted by raulvk <ra...@gmail.com>.
You could use the iBATIS Framework to access the database.

iBATIS takes and returns the data in a Java Object, which you could marshal
and unmarshal using XStream.

Both frameworks are very lightweight and you could use them inside a Bean,
via the servicemix-bean component.

Another possibility is to use Camel, which already has support for iBATIS
and XStream. However, we ruled out this possibility because at the moment
there was a bug in Camel due to which a message received via JBI could not
be transformed to an Object. If I were you, I would check this out because
the bug has been resolved recently.

Hope this helps.

Re: XML transformation jdbc

Posted by Gert Vanthienen <ge...@skynet.be>.