Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com> on 2015/12/17 17:37:17 UTC

[RESULT][VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.7.0

Hi all,

After 72 hours, the vote for CloudStack 4.7.0 [1] *passes* with 5 PMC + 1 non-PMC votes.

+1 (PMC / binding)
* Wilder
* Wido
* Milamber
* Rohit
* Remi

+1 (non binding)
* Boris

0
* Abhinandan
* Dag
* Glenn

-1
Raja (has been discussed, seems local test configure issue)

Thanks to everyone participating.

I will now prepare the release announcement to go out after 24 hours to give the mirrors time to catch up.

[1] http://cloudstack.markmail.org/message/aahz3ajryvd7wzec

Re: [RESULT][VOTE] Apache CloudStack 4.7.1/4.8 (and call for new RM)

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.
> On Feb 16, 2016, at 7:01 PM, Simon Weller <sw...@ena.com> wrote:
>
> Team,
>
> We have a couple of things we need collaborate on:
>
> 1. Per Remi's request below, we need some folks familiar with the release process to either help, or document steps required to completed the release notes, docs and website updates.
> 2 Remi has spearheaded the charge for the last couple of releases and has done a fantastic job getting 4.7.x and 4.8 to a very stable point. We now need someone else (preferably more than one) to take over the RM responsibilities for the next release.
> I suggest more than one, so the burden can be shared and we don't burn individuals out.
>
> i'm more than happy to do my share and help the process along, but I'm not a committer, so we individuals who are to step forward and lead the charge.

It’s worth mentioning a few things that the PMC looks at for committership (getting write access to the repos):
- participation on ML
- submitting pull requests
- voting on releases
- helping users on ML or slack or IRC
- helping with testing.

For instance we have lots of PRs in the pipe, anyone with a cloudstack installation can help testing those PRs (pull them, build, report test results) etc…

For the website, same thing anyone can submit a pull request….

For release votes, anyone can vote (even none committers)

Bottom line, while not being a committer prevents you from writing to the repos directly it should not be seen as an impediment.

Say someone starts reviewing all the pending PRs, providing good feedback, running tests etc….that would be a good case for committership.

Posted by Remi Bergsma <RB...@schubergphilis.com>.

Posted by Sebastien Goasguen <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by John Kinsella <jl...@gmail.com>.