Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2003/05/01 00:11:22 UTC

Something I'm missing?

I just upgraded Scarab to use Tomcat 4.1.24 and now when I ctrl-c it on OSX
to kill it, I get the following stack trace printed to stdout...

Apache Tomcat/4.1.24
[INFO] Http11Protocol - -Starting Coyote HTTP/1.1 on port 8080
^CStopping service Tomcat-Standalone
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:305)
        at
java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:171)
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:158)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.closeServerSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint
.java:326)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java
:397)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:529)
        at
a:619)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:554)
[ERROR] PoolTcpEndpoint - -Caught exception trying to unlock accept.
<java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused>
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.closeServerSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint
.java:338)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.acceptSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java
:397)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:529)
        at
a:619)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:554)
[ERROR] PoolTcpEndpoint - -Caught exception trying to close socket.
<java.lang.NullPointerException>
[WARN] PoolTcpEndpoint - -Reinitializing ServerSocket

Re: Something I'm missing?

Posted by Costin Manolache <cm...@yahoo.com>.
Jon Scott Stevens wrote:

> on 2003/4/30 8:21 PM, "Costin Manolache" <cm...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> I think I fixed that in the main tree, next release of the connector
>> should have the fix.
>>
>> The code tries to unlock the socket ( which is blocked in accept )
>> by making a new connection. In some cases it seems the unlocking/close
>> is different - so we need some extra checks. AFAIK all the errors
>> are harmless.
>>

>> Costin
>
> Thanks for the response costin. =)

Nice to see you back on tomcat-dev :-)

Costin

Re: Something I'm missing?

Posted by Jon Scott Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 2003/4/30 8:21 PM, "Costin Manolache" <cm...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I think I fixed that in the main tree, next release of the connector
> should have the fix.
>
> The code tries to unlock the socket ( which is blocked in accept )
> by making a new connection. In some cases it seems the unlocking/close
> is different - so we need some extra checks. AFAIK all the errors
> are harmless.
>

> Costin

Thanks for the response costin. =)

-jon