Posted to dev@parquet.apache.org by Zoltan Ivanfi <zi...@cloudera.com.INVALID> on 2019/05/02 07:16:29 UTC

Re: Parquet Sync - Meeting notes

Hi,

I would like to add the following to the notes for topic "1. key signing":
- Zoltan brought up the question of whether and how PMC-s from the US
could remotely sign the keys of committers/PMC-s located in Europe.
- Julien and Ryan commented that for the purpose of signing releases
it is not really necessary for the signer's key to be in the web of
trust as long as it is in the central KEYS file (especially if the
signers participate in Parquet Syncs discussing the RC, thereby
implicitly confirming their ownership of that signature).

Br,

Zoltan