Posted to user@struts.apache.org by James Turner <tu...@blackbear.com> on 2002/11/09 01:26:04 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Sample chapter from "Struts Kick Start" available

Chapter 17 (DynaForms and the Validator) from the upcoming SAMS title
"Struts Kick Start" is now available at www.strutskickstart.com.

Enjoy,
James

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Sample chapter from "Struts Kick Start" available

Posted by Erik Hatcher <ja...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Too late for your book, but something worth mentioning - XDoclet now has
the capability to mark setters on a form beans with some specific @tags
that will auto-generate validation.xml.  I noticed at the end of that
sample chapter it mentions the pain of writing those XML files.  That
pain is no more in any of my Struts-based projects thanks to this piece
of XDoclet which I created.

The XDoclet feature (<strutsvalidationxml> subtask to <webdoclet>) only
works for ValidatorForm subclasses, not the action variant (currently,
this could be changed, but I only validate by form name, not action
path).  And, of course, its only good for non-DynaActionform situations
where you actually have a Java source file to process.  I do not use
DynaActionForm's, so thats not an issue my projects either.

	Erik