Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org> on 2017/08/01 15:03:57 UTC

Support for Ignite clients in any language (thin client protocol)

Igniters,

I've started the work on thin client protocol [1].

We are going to reuse existing socket pipeline from ODBC/JDBC
by adding one more client type to SqlListenerNioListener
(see prepareContext in there to get an idea of how this works).

First iteration will be stateless and synchronous, which will enable
any Ignite APIs that don't involve callbacks, asynchrony, or cursors,
such as creating and destroying caches and simple cache operations
(put/get/etc).

I'll start a separate discussion on message format.

Let me know if you have any thoughts or suggestions.

Pavel