Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Martin Dietze <di...@fh-wedel.de> on 2014/02/06 10:53:57 UTC

Visual HTML diff in Wicket?

In my system there is an editorial submodule for creating HTML
contents. As I am about to add a versioning history to it, I'd
like to add some kind of visualisation of what changed from edit
to edit.

Does anyone here know of something like a library for this that
can be used conveniently in a Wicket-based application? Free
would be nice, but commercial (depending on the price, of
course) would be an option, too.

Cheers,

M'bert

--
----------- / http://herbert.the-little-red-haired-girl.org / -------------
=+=

Re: Visual HTML diff in Wicket?

Posted by Paul Bors <pa...@bors.ws>.
I would say to find out what Jira is using to diff the CSV commits and use that :)

Posted by Stephan Schrader <zs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Joachim Schrod <js...@acm.org>.
On 02/06/14 10:53, Martin Dietze wrote:
> In my system there is an editorial submodule for creating HTML
> contents. As I am about to add a versioning history to it, I'd
> like to add some kind of visualisation of what changed from edit
> to edit.
>
> Does anyone here know of something like a library for this that
> can be used conveniently in a Wicket-based application? Free
> would be nice, but commercial (depending on the price, of
> course) would be an option, too.

We've used google-diff-match-patch with success.
http://code.google.com/p/google-diff-match-patch/

It's not on Maven Central, though. (That's an issue in the issue
tracker, sind March 2011...) There is a Maven repo structure in
their SVN repos, but without proper release support.

sksamuel forked it for that reason and uploaded it to Maven
Central: https://github.com/sksamuel/diffpatch

HTH,
	Joachim