Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by kranga <kr...@k2d2.org> on 2004/08/20 17:26:00 UTC

Java file manipulaiton library for file store implementation

I'm trying to implement a custom file system based content store. The jdk
File class is pathetic when it comes to support for file manipulation. I'm
particularly interested in any library you know of that provides the
following:

    - Ability to move files and directories across file system using native
calls instead of going recursing through the directory and moving file by
file
    - Ability to delete a directory that is not empty.

I need this to work on both windows and linux file systems. Does anyone know
of such a java library?

Thanks

Re: Java file manipulaiton library for file store implementation

Posted by Andreas Probst <an...@gmx.net>.
Hi Kranga,

the copy and move stuff is already implemented in Apache Ant.
However, when I tried to use it, I realized there is no simple
copy(source, target) method. You need to work with a whole bunch
of their classes. Maybe it's not as complicated as one could
think from the first sight...

Regards,

Andreas