Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Bruno Rodrigues <br...@gmail.com> on 2012/02/29 20:25:35 UTC

question: how can I load a popup window?

Hello guys,
I am trying to get into apache pivot universe, and I am doing some GUI
tests for learn it. My simples question is:
how can I launch a popup window from an application?

I have tried creating another class (that implements application) and
launch it calling "DesktopApplicationContext.main(PopupGUI.class, args);"

works well, but if I try to close it, all my application closes. do I need
to put some code into "shutdown" method to avoid this?

thanks a lot!!

RE: question: how can I load a popup window?

Posted by Camilo Casadiego <Ca...@adv.co>.
Hi there...if you want just simple message you can use the Promp class or the alert class like this...

Alert.alert(MessageType.WARNING, "Se presentaron errores de validacion en el proceso de carga!",
                                    ParametersLoad.this.getWindow());

But if what u want is to have a complex modal popup like this

[cid:image002.png@01CCF6EF.EC53E700]

Then its really simple you just have to have a class that holds the window...the class must extend dialog lije this...

public class NewItemCanvasDialog extends Dialog implements Bindable {

      private static Logger logger = Logger.getLogger(NewItemCanvasDialog.class);

Then you have your bxml like this...

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<workspace:NewItemCanvasDialog bxml:id="dialog"
      modal="true" xmlns:bxml="http://pivot.apache.org/bxml"
      xmlns:workspace="co.com.adv.salarixII.ui.controller.workspace.dialog"
      xmlns="org.apache.pivot.wtk">

See that the base element of the bxml is NewItemCanvasDialog so this means that the class is going to be loaded autmatically when you stanciathe througth BXMLSerializer

Then if you have an instance of a Dialog class ypu can do something like this:

dialog = NewItemDialog.loadNewObjectDialog(type, specificWindow, "Setup"); //this is a singleton class where al the maps ara stored and creates the sitance of the presentacion objects
dialog.open(MenuBarController.this); //then having a dialog you just have to open it.

Kind Regards,

[cid:image001.png@01CCF6EF.66A110B0]

Camilo Casadiego Espitia
Arquitecto de SW
* + 57 1 6393000
* camilo.casadiego@adv.com.co<ma...@adv.com.co>
* http://www.adv.com.co<http://www.adv.com.co/>
Carrera 11 No. 93 - 53 P7
Bogotá - Colombia

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,
if you want a (complex) Modal dialog, you can even use this:

pivot-contrib-guretzki_1.3.jar

Some info here:
http://code.google.com/a/apache-extras.org/p/pivot-contrib/wiki/GuretzkiFeatures

Bye,
Sandro

RE: question: how can I load a popup window?

Posted by "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Ro...@actian.com>.
I take that back - is the "FormView.class" available on the classpath (in the "pmos.gui" directory)?  How are you launching the application?

Roger Whitcomb

Architect, Engineering

Actian Corporation

roger.whitcomb@actian.com <ma...@actian.com>

[...]