Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Ionita Alexandru <ig...@easynet.ro> on 2004/09/02 11:51:14 UTC

Hi there!

	Sorry for this newbie post..I'm new with FOP.

	Here are my needs:
	I have some HTML files and some TIFF file and I have to combine this
all files in a big PDF.
	HTML files are dinamically built by my application, and this html
files should alternate with the tiff files. I saw that for tiff files
support there is a special tool, tiffrender. Could I make this possible? And
another thing...the fianl PDF _MUST_ have page numbering.

	Thanks for your advice!

HTML + TIFF => PDF (was Re: Hi there!)

Posted by Clay Leeds <cl...@medata.com>.
On Sep 2, 2004, at 2:51 AM, Ionita Alexandru wrote:
> 	Sorry for this newbie post..I'm new with FOP.
>
> 	Here are my needs:
> 	I have some HTML files and some TIFF file and I have to combine this
> all files in a big PDF.

This should be doable using an HTML-to-FO conversion tool[1], although
I think you'll need to somehow get the TIFF files into the HTML
(embedded in the HTML somehow?).

> 	HTML files are dinamically built by my application, and this html
> files should alternate with the tiff files. I saw that for tiff files
> support there is a special tool, tiffrender. Could I make this
> possible? And
> another thing...the fianl PDF _MUST_ have page numbering.
>
> 	Thanks for your advice!

Page-numbering should not be a problem. Just read up on FOP to find out
how (along with any issues involved). However, TiffRenderer is used for
outputting XSL-FO files to TIFF--not for using TIFF as input[3].

[OT] It would be good for you to review "How To Ask Questions The Smart
Way" to ensure the Subject is valuable (the description of your problem
seemed OK, though ;-)).

Web Maestro Clay

[1]
http://xml.apache.org/fop/resources.html#products-other