Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "GUMMALAM,MOHAN (HP-Cupertino,ex2)" <mo...@hp.com> on 2001/07/03 20:48:14 UTC

Thread Local Storage libraries for JNI

If this is a question I need to take to tomcat-users mailing list, please do
let me know, and accept my apologies in advance.  IMHO, the question
pertains more to this list.

Is there a support for JNI on Tomcat 3.2.2 with Apache2.0 for the UNIXes
(HP-UX is what I am interested in)?  If it is, then the way to do it seems
to be different for libjvm.sl on UNIX - which contains TLS - since dlopen()
fails.  Is there a provision of linking linking libjvm.sl into, say mod_jk,
and eliminate the workers.jni.jvm_lib line in the workers.properties file?

Again, apologies in advance, if this issue is seemingly out of the
tomcat-dev's agenda.

Re: Thread Local Storage libraries for JNI

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
GUMMALAM,MOHAN (HP-Cupertino,ex2) at mohan_gummalam@hp.com wrote:

> If this is a question I need to take to tomcat-users mailing list, please do
> let me know, and accept my apologies in advance.  IMHO, the question
> pertains more to this list.
>
> Is there a support for JNI on Tomcat 3.2.2 with Apache2.0 for the UNIXes
> (HP-UX is what I am interested in)?  If it is, then the way to do it seems
> to be different for libjvm.sl on UNIX - which contains TLS - since dlopen()
> fails.  Is there a provision of linking linking libjvm.sl into, say mod_jk,
> and eliminate the workers.jni.jvm_lib line in the workers.properties file?
>
> Again, apologies in advance, if this issue is seemingly out of the
> tomcat-dev's agenda.

I'm interested in fixing this in the scope of the Service stuff that was
recently posted on Tomcat 4. If I get something working, it'll be easy to
backport it  to mod_jk... I have an HP box, but it's only running 10.20
which doesn't support Java 2 (and the service stuff is all based on the new
JNI mechanism introduced in the new platform).

One thing I'd like you to try, is to set up your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment
before you actually launch apache, and setting it up so that it will contain
also the /opt/java/lib/PA_RISC/green_threads/ (or wherever that library is
on your system)...

Do something like (as root):

# LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/java/lib/PA_RISC/green_threads
# export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
# apachectl start

And tell me what comes out of it :)

    Pier