Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Erlend Oftedal <er...@oftedal.no> on 2009/05/05 08:44:30 UTC

A gap analysis of application security in struts2

Hi

Arshan Dabirsiaghi from OWASP has published a gap analysis of application
security in Struts2. The full report can be found here:
http://www.owasp.org/images/b/be/A_Gap_Analysis_of_Application_Security_in_Struts2.pdf

Best regards
Erlend Oftedal

Re: A gap analysis of application security in struts2

Posted by Philip Luppens <ph...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, May 5, 2009 at 8:44 AM, Erlend Oftedal <er...@oftedal.no> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Arshan Dabirsiaghi from OWASP has published a gap analysis of application
> security in Struts2. The full report can be found here:
> http://www.owasp.org/images/b/be/A_Gap_Analysis_of_Application_Security_in_Struts2.pdf

Very interesting, but as it was already pointed out in the report:
Struts 2 does not provide 90% of the functionality because it was
chosen not too - we try to provide a flexible architecture where every
other framework can be plugged in for every aspect of the application
- be it validation, security, object instantiation, binding, etc.

Other than that, an interesting read, and some good recommendations.
Definitely something that should be kept in mind when looking at the
security aspects.

Phil

> Best regards
> Erlend Oftedal

"We cannot change the cards we are dealt, just how we play the hand."
- Randy Pausch