Posted to hdfs-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Shani Ranasinghe <sh...@gmail.com> on 2015/07/21 06:01:37 UTC

Questions on Namespace/namenode

Hi,

I am Shani. I am currently doing a research on how to create multiple
namespaces within the sasme namenode.

I was looking at the code, and found some terms that I would like to have a
better understanding on.

1) What is a Namesystem?
2)  If I could have guidance on where to look for namespace creation, it
would greatly help.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,
Shani.

Re: Questions on Namespace/namenode

Posted by Shani Ranasinghe <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dimitry,

Thank you for your feedback. What I am trying to achieve is multi tenancy
(torage level isolation and Resource sharing between tenants). So what I
have in mind is to have a choice if to create tenants in the same namenode,
but the namenode to have separate namespaces which would manage their block
pool individually. I am just trying to avoid the hard rule of having two
namenodes, if two namespaces are required, and to have two namespaces by
one namenode.

WDYT?

Posted by Dmitry Salychev <da...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Shani.