Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Farhan Sarwar <fa...@gmail.com> on 2007/08/16 19:30:27 UTC

Re : Invoke a plug-in/goal configured in a pom.xml from cmd line

Thanks for the follow-up Steve, I am still hoping that someone has a
solution to what I want to achieve but at the same time I think what you
have suggested is certainly a good simulation for the same…now am still
trying to configure the pom as you suggested (as below) so that I can
activate/invoke the profile at the initialize phase..this is what I have
come up with but it aint working, I think I am missing out something..can
you suggest…am invoking it with mvn –P myprofile initialize..but it doesn't
perform the delete task..though the same works if outside the profile..

<profiles>

<profile>

<id>myprofile</id>

<build>

      <plugins>

            <plugin>

                  <executions>

                        <execution>

                              <id>execution2</id>

                              <configuration>

                                    <tasks>

                                          <delete file="lib/test2.txt"/>

                                    </tasks>

                              </configuration>

                              <goals>

                                    <goal>run</goal>

                              </goals>

                        </execution>

                  </executions>

            </plugin>

      </plugins>

</build>

</profile>

</profiles>

Thanks in advance and Regards,

Farhan.

>Hi Farhan,

>I don't know how to do exactly what you want, but you can do something

>close with a profile.

>If you put the antrun execution (or any other execution) in a profile

>with no explicit activation spec, and bind it to a really early phase

>(say, the "initialize" phase), then you can invoke it from the command

>line like this:

>   mvn -P profile-id initialize

>Steve

>Farhan Sarwar wrote:

> Hi All,

> Is there a way I can invoke a plug-in/goal (not linked with any phase)

> configured in a project's pom.xml (within an execution tag) from the
command

> line directly, also the idea is to invoke the goal irrespective of the
maven

> build cycle.

> To be more precise let's say if I have a maven-ant-run: run (plug-in:goal)

> configured (as below) with 2 executions (i.e. execution1 associated with

> validate phase and execution2 not linked to any phase) how can I invoke
the

> configuration as configured in id=execution2 from command line directly
e.g.

Re: Re : Invoke a plug-in/goal configured in a pom.xml from cmd line

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
If you put it directly in the pom, then you could call "mvn
plugin-name:goal" and it would execute the plugin directly. It should
probably work with profiles as well.

But really, there is nothing stopping you from just having a build.xml
file next to your pom.xml file and then calling ant directly to do
little things like this. I would probably go this route myself.

Wayne

Posted by Farhan Sarwar <fa...@gmail.com>.