Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by drkmkzs <dr...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/04 15:34:45 UTC

XMLCH and encoding

Hi,

I want to parse a file whose name is in an enconding that i don't know
(could be different encoding).

In my software, i used char* and string, so i have the raw data and all is
ok, the filename in my software doesn't differ from the filename in the
filesystem :)

But when i want to use Xerces for opening it, with a LocalFileInputSource, I
need to give the file name as a XMLCH*.
How can i keep my raw file name value, from a char* to a XMLCH* ? Is it
possible, or is there no way to open a file with LocalFileInputSource
without knowing the file name encoding ? (no problem with the file content,
I deal with it)

Thanks a lot,
and sorry for my english :)

drkzs