Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com> on 2006/07/01 06:31:29 UTC

&& packaging plugin...

Can someone please explain what the following <classPath> bits are
actually used for w/the packaging plugin...

<snip>
     <build>
         <plugins>
             <plugin>
                 <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.plugins</groupId>
                 <artifactId>geronimo-packaging-plugin</artifactId>
                 <extensions>true</extensions>
                 <configuration>
                    <classPath>../lib/geronimo-qname_1.1_spec-$
{geronimoSpecQnameVersion}.jar \
                         ../lib/geronimo-common-${geronimoVersion}.jar \
                         ../lib/geronimo-kernel-${geronimoVersion}.jar \
                         ../lib/geronimo-system-${geronimoVersion}.jar \
                         ../lib/geronimo-util-${geronimoVersion}.jar \
                         ../lib/cglib-nodep-${cglibVersion}.jar \
                         ../lib/commons-cli-${commonsCliVersion}.jar \
                         ../lib/commons-logging-$
{commonsLoggingVersion}.jar \
                         ../lib/log4j-${log4jVersion}.jar \
                         ../lib/mx4j-${mx4jVersion}.jar \
                         ../lib/mx4j-remote-${mx4jVersion}.jar \
                         ../lib/endorsed/xercesImpl-$
{xercesVersion}.jar \
                         ../lib/endorsed/xmlParserAPIs-$
{xmlParserApisVersion}.jar \
                         ../lib/xpp3-${xpp3Version}.jar \
                         ../lib/xstream-${xstreamVersion}.jar \</
classPath>

<mainClass>org.apache.geronimo.system.main.ClientCommandLine</mainClass>
                 </configuration>
             </plugin>
         </plugins>
     </build>
</snip>

This comes across as very difficult to maintain.

--jason

Re: && packaging plugin...

Posted by Dain Sundstrom <da...@iq80.com>.
On Jul 1, 2006, at 12:06 AM, Jason Dillon wrote:

> This is only for bootstrapping the server then?
>
> It would be very good to eliminate this configuration.
>
> Better IMO to just soak up everything in lib/*.jar.

That doesn't work because the lib dir contains the jars for
deployment and the server and this creates class cast exceptions.

-dain

Re: && packaging plugin...

Posted by Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>.

Re: && packaging plugin...