Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paul Hunnisett <pa...@blueyonder.co.uk> on 2002/08/09 13:36:00 UTC

Problems getting login to work

Hello,

I'm trying to get users to log in to my app by using login-config in my
web.xml.  Most of my site is protected using security constraints.  For
some reason, now whenever I try to log in as a registered user, I get
the following error:

The request sent by the client was syntactically incorrect (Invalid
direct reference to form login page)

The login page is included using <jsp:include> on my index jsp and is a
simple login form using j_security-check etc...

Any thoughts as to why this might be happening.  I am running tomcat 4.1
on Linux using JDK1.4 - although I need this to work on Windows as well.
(I get the same problem when trying to run this on Windows)

Paul Hunnisett