Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2009/10/01 10:03:59 UTC

ObserverWrapper -- unused fields/methods

Looking at the ObserverWrapper it has three unused fields eventType,
ifExist, and transObserverType.  I had originally concluded that since
ifExist wasn't used that the Conditional Observer Method logic wasn't
implemented, but then I found it in BeanObserverImpl.

None of the runtime code ever assigns a value to these fields -- aside
from the default -- and none of the runtime code uses those fields or
related getters.

Should these be deleted or is there a reason for keeping them around?

Seems to me that ObserverWrapper is really just an internal detail of
the NotificationManager and exists more or less as a way to pair the
Observer with the Event Qualifiers.  If you look at the java.util
Collections classes, they'll typically use a private inner class for
these "tuple" classes as they really have no meaning outside the class
that uses it internally.  I tend to do the same.

Any objections to me making that change as part of the transaction
related observer fix?

-David

Re: ObserverWrapper -- unused fields/methods

Posted by Gurkan Erdogdu <cg...@gmail.com>.
It seems that no more usage of these fields. If tests are run successfully
after removing that is fine.

I actually wrote all of those event stuffs. Because, specification has
undergone lots of changes between releases, I may not able to reflect all of
those changed things. Actually it will be very neat if we can update our
event implementation according to the latest specification.

+1 for pushing change!

Thanks a lot ;

--Gurkan

--